A discount of VND500 per litre on petrol retail prices (including VAT) will be applied to Petrolimex petrol stations in 23 provinces and cities that are implementing social distancing. (Illustrative image)
NDO - The Vietnam National Petroleum Group (Petrolimex) has announced an additional reduction of VND500 per litre on petrol products at its petrol stations in 23 provinces and cities under social distancing order according to Directive 16.
The petrol group said that the price reduction aims to support people and enterprises during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The reduction will not be applied to Petrolimex agents nor Petrolimex franchises.
“The discount period applies from 6 pm on August 11 until the next base price operating cycle is announced by the Ministries of Industry and Trade and Finance," said a representative of Petrolimex.
The list of provinces and cities to benefit from the price reduction includes Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Binh Dinh, Phu Yen, Khanh Hoa, Binh Duong, Dong Nai, Binh Phuoc, Tay Ninh, Ba Ria – Vung Tau, Tien Giang, Long An, Vinh Long, Can Tho, Dong Thap, Ben Tre, Hau Giang, An Giang, Bac Lieu, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh and Ca Mau.
Previously, Petrolimex responded to the call from the Party and State leaders to contribute VND250 billion (US$10.9 million) to the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund.
- Petrol prices rise sharply following latest adjustments
- Japan-based Eneos plans to acquire US$28-million stake of Vietnam Petrolimex
- Domestic retail petrol prices reach 16-month record high
- Ministries increase petrol prices
- Petrol prices climb for four straight times
- Petroleum prices Vietnam keep rising
- Petrol prices go up again
- Japan’s ENEOS Corp. raises holding stakes in Petrolimex to 9%
- Petrolimex plans stock sale, divestment of State capital
- Local fuel prices edge up