A section of an expressway in the southern region. The Ministry of Transport has asked several southern provinces to be well-prepared to invest in the Ring Road 3, the HCMC-Chon Thanh Expressway and the HCMC-Moc Bai Expressway projects – PHOTO: LE ANH
HCMC - The Ministry of Transport has asked several southern provinces to be well-prepared to invest in the Ring Road 3, the HCMC-Chon Thanh Expressway and the HCMC-Moc Bai Expressway projects.
The Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Long An governments were ordered to promptly report the investment plan to the provincial People’s Councils to undertake procedures for the construction and report the results to the prime minister for consideration, while the HCMC government was authorized to develop the Ring Road 3 project in the city.
The My Thuan Project Management Board and the Ho Chi Minh Road Project Management Board were told to quickly submit the prefeasibility study for the Ring Road 3 and the HCMC-Chon Thanh Expressway projects to HCMC and Binh Phuoc.
The two local governments will review and assess the prefeasibility study and report it to the prime minister prior to August 15, the local media reported.
The provinces were urged to complete necessary procedures for investment in the two projects so that the Government can report the investment plan to the National Assembly for consideration and approval at the 15th National Assembly’s second session in late 2021, according to the ministry.
As for the HCMC-Moc Bai Expressway project, the ministry asked the HCMC government to work with Tay Ninh Province to complete investment procedures to submit them to the prime minister in August.
- Transport Ministry wants four localities to invest in Ring Road No. 3
- Over VND24 trillion proposed for expressway linking HCMC, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc
- Research on investing in Ho Chi Minh City – Thu Dau Mot – Chon Thanh expressway, capital 24,150 billion VND
- Ring Road No. 3 project in HCMC must be completed by 2025: Deputy PM
- HCMC wants to speed up lagging ring road scheme
- VND11.5 trillion needed to widen southern expressway section
- HCMC-Moc Bai expressway project costs an additional VND2.3 trillion
- HCMC asks for more capital for two transport projects
- HCMC urges early development of Ring Road No. 4