Employees process tra fish for export. Vietnam’s agro-forestry-fishery export revenue between January and July reached US$28.6 billion, up some 27% year-on-year - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - Vietnam’s agro-forestry-fishery export revenue between January and July reached US$28.6 billion, up some 27% year-on-year, according to data of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Of the seven-month export value, agricultural products accounted for over US$12.2 billion, up 15% year-on-year, whereas the figures for forestry and fisheries were US$10.2 billion, surging by 54%, and over US$4.9 billion, up 12%, respectively.
In July, the country exported US$4.2 billion worth of agro-forestry-fishery products, up 26.7% year-on-year, but down 9.5% month-on-month. The export value of the main agricultural products amounted to US$1.8 billion, while forestry and seafood exports earned over US$1.4 billion and US$800 million, respectively.
Last month, numerous products such as rubber, cassava, cashew nuts, pepper, vegetables, fruits, shrimp, tra fish and woodwork enjoyed higher export values than the same period last year, with rubber exports rising by 33.6% in volume and 73.6% in value.
During the seven-month period, the United States was Vietnam’s largest buyer of agro-forestry-fishery products, with a value of over US$8.2 billion, followed by China with US$5.5 billion and Japan with US$1.9 billion.
The data also indicated that Vietnam's import bill regarding these products over the past seven months soared by 42.8% year-on-year to US$24.7 billion. Thus, the sector enjoyed a trade surplus of US$3.9 billion, down 25.8% year-on-year, the local media reported.
To ramp up agro-forestry-fishery exports in the rest of the year, the ministry would continue to boost access to other markets and provide local exporters with information about free trade agreements and policies for export, said Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Phung Duc Tien.
Apart from removing technical and trade barriers facing Vietnamese farm produce, the ministry will closely work with Vietnam trade offices in foreign countries and territories to help local firms export goods to the European Union, Britain, China and Japan.
- Agro-forestry-fishery enjoys 725 billion USD trade surplus in nine months
- Country bags over USD33 billion from agro-forestry-fishery exports
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports on the rise over four months
- Vietnam enjoys US 3 27 billion trade surplus in agro forestry fishery
- Agricultural trade surplus climbs above US$5 billion mark
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports up over 24% in Jan-Apr
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports down 3.4 percent in first half
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports reach 26.1 billion USD in eight months
- Farm exports expected at US$45 billion this year