The second stage of Vinh Tuy Bridge in Hanoi is under construction.
NDO - The disbursement of public investment in July fell by 1.7% compared to the previous month due to COVID-19 but the total figure for the first seven months of 2021 still rose by 5.6% over the same period last year.
According to the General Statistics Office, total public investment disbursed during the January-July period was estimated at VND210.8 trillion (nearly US$9.2 billion), equivalent to 44.3% of the yearly target.
In July, the strong flare-up of COVID-19 affected the implementation of public investment projects as social distancing measures of varying degrees were imposed in 19 southern provinces and cities.
Reports show that construction of many projects had to be halted or that progress was extremely slow.
But project investors, management units and contractors are doing their best and pledge they will accelerate construction after the social distancing period so as not to affect overall progress.
In order to enhance public investment disbursement, the Government has requested ministries and local authorities speed up site clearance and quickly deal with any obstacles arising.
- Disbursement of public investment increases in July
- Quick disbursement of public investment essential to boost Hanoi’s economic growth
- Finance ministry says public investment funds borrowed from abroad must be disbursed quicker
- Listing projects with slow disbursement in HCM City
- Hanoi struggles to speed up public investment disbursement
- Hanoi disburses 88.1 percent of public investment by 2020’s end
- MoT fail to meet disbursement plan of public investment capital
- PM checks disbursement of public investment in Ninh Binh
- Disbursement of public investment capital from foreign loans in first half of 2020 is 3.6 times higher than same period in 2019
- Disbursement of investment capital: Need initiative