FPT Software, Hanoi-based company has invested in a technology company in the Americas
Hanoi-based FPT Software has invested in Intertec International, a global information technology service provider, with an aim of advancing its effort to provide solutions, technology services and digital transformation in the Americas market, a source familiar with the matter told Vietnam Insider. The deal’s value was not disclosed.
Related: How to setup a foreign invested software business in Vietnam
Under the investment agreement, FPT Software is entitled to access and allocate resources of Intertec’s two service centers in Costa Rica and Colombia. This deal also enables the Vietnamese company to expand business opportunities in the US and Latin America (LATAM), and address increasing demand in these two markets.
This investment is aligned with the strategic direction of FPT Corporation’s subsidiary FPT Software, which is intended to optimize the efficiency of combining resources of its services centers in the US and those in neighboring markets, the source said.
Intertec International’s strength in agile software development and FPT Software’s ability to advise and deploy technology solutions and services will help lay a solid foundation for their commitment to bringing quality service experiences for customers in the English-speaking market and in the US.
Together with FPT Software’s newly-established production center in Costa Rica in early 2021, the two firms can cut through cultural and time-zone barriers between US customers and production centers outside the continent, saving up to 30% on operating costs, local media the Hanoi Times reported.
Intertec International will also gain competitive advantages from the resonance of FPT Software’s resources, including platforms, infrastructure, and proprietary technology developed by FPT Software, with a network of 22 service centers worldwide.
Costa Rica and Colombia are attractive service hubs and renowned outsourcing destinations in the LATAM region.
With the combination of the region’s geographical advantages, business-friendly government policies, our digital solutions, and both companies’ technical know-how, we aim to assist more customers at an accelerated speed while saving costs, according to the Hanoi Times.
- FPT Software launches office in India
- FPT Software partners with OutSystems to develop low-code platforms in Japan
- Vietnam Open Technology Forum 2020: Promoting National Digital Transformation
- Nokia launches software upgrade to 5G
- Work starts on Da Nang Software Park No 2
- Ultimaker transforms into a platform business driving innovation and growth globally
- Plus Renewables and 424 Capital Enter into a Merger Agreement for Asset Management Businesses in North America
- KPIBSC focuses on strategy, performance
- Leading South African martech provider Everlytic expands into UK and Europe