A view of the Saigon Hi-Tech Park in Thu Duc City. The management board of the Saigon Hi-Tech Park in HCMC’s Thu Duc City has asked 16 firms there to suspend their operations as they failed to meet anti-Covid-19 requirements - PHOTO: SHTP
HCMC - The Saigon Hi-Tech Park (SHTP) authority in HCMC’s Thu Duc City has told 16 firms at the park to suspend their operations as they cannot meet the anti-Covid-19 requirements.
The HCMC government on July 13 issued a decision stating that the city will shut down businesses that do not comply with the anti-Covid-19 measures, including arranging shuttle buses, accommodation and meals for staff at work. Since the decision took effect on July 15, the SHTP authority has reviewed and checked compliance with the anti-virus regulations at the businesses operating at the park.
Sixteen firms have been found to not meet the safety requirements, so they have been requested to halt production pending a final decision by the HCMC Department of Health.
They have not been able to present a list of employees who volunteer to stay at their campuses after work and who have negative Covid-19 test result.
Earlier on July 6, the SHTP authority issued a dispatch asking firms active in the park to strengthen safety measures to prevent the spread of Covid as coronavirus infections at businesses outside and inside industrial and hi-tech parks are running high.
- Businesses failing to meet anti-virus requirements have to suspend operations
- Saigon Hi-Tech Park detects over 700 Covid-19 infections
- International conference on scientific park held in HCMC
- Just 27 companies in HCMC IPs, EPZs able to make stay-at-work arrangements for workers
- HCMC plans to build a new hi-tech industrial park in Binh Chanh
- SHTP proudly promoting Vietnamese technological products
- Company in Saigon Hi-Tech Park reports 119 more probable Covid-19 cases
- Thu Duc City promoting innovation for economic growth
- Fair seeks ways to help supporting industry firms join global supply chains
- SBA proposes allowing laborers to go home after work