Deputy PM Le Minh Khai speaking at the conference (Photo: VGP)
NDO - Deputy Prime Minister Le Minh Khai asked the Ministry of Finance (MOF) to come up with fiscal measures aimed at facilitating production and business during a conference on July 16.
He stated that the MOF needs to continue cutting administrative procedures, simplifying tax and customs regulations and amending other rules so as to remove obstacles to business activity.
At the conference to review the ministry’s performance in the first half of 2021, Khai also asked local authorities to work with tax and customs agencies to prevent loss of revenue and also to recover tax arrears.
According to the MOF, government revenue in the first six months of 2021 reached 58.2% of the full-year target and rose by a16.3% as compared to the same period in 2020.
There were over 52,000 enterprises and household businesses given tax and land lease relief worth a total of nearly VND28 trillion (US$1.2 billion) in total, helping them sustain their operations amid pandemic-related difficulties.
At the conference, Finance Minister Ho Duc Phoc said that in the final months of 2021, the ministry will take measures to help curb inflation, support economic recovery and growth and keep the spending deficit in check.
- H1 State budget revenue lowest in seven years
- Dialogue about customs policies and procedures with Japanese enterprises to be held
- Tat Thanh Cang arrested
- What do businesses expect from the customs authority?
- Minister assigned the Tax sector to exceed at least 6% of the revenue target
- Bottlenecks must be removed to facilitate innovation: Deputy PM
- Proactively disseminate widely regulations of Law on Tax Management and Decree 126/2020/NĐ-CP
- Cau Treo Customs strives to accomplish task of revenue collection
- Businesses, policymakers discuss taxation and customs rules