Tourists on a beach on Phu Quoc Island. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has proposed piloting a plan to allow Phu Quoc to receive international tourists who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 - PHOTO: THANH HA
HCMC – The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has proposed piloting a six-month bubble tourism plan which permits Phu Quoc Island off Kien Giang Province to receive international tourists who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, starting from October.
The proposal is being discussed with the Ministries of Health, Public Security, Foreign Affairs, National Defense, Transport and Information-Communications, the local media reported.
In the first three months, Phu Quoc would allow in 2,000-3,000 tourists per month through charter flights and confine them to designated areas.
In the three following months, it would welcome 5,000-10,000 guests per month. Tourists can fly commercial flights to the island and visit more destinations there.
The plan is aimed at gradually helping the Vietnamese tourism market recover and promoting Vietnam as a safe and attractive destination.
International tourists who want to come to Phu Quoc must show proof that they have got two Covid-19 vaccine shots, with the second shot administered at least 14 days prior to arrival but no more than 12 months before their arrival.
Tourists who recovered from Covid-19 and were discharged from hospital no more than 12 months might also be allowed to enter Phu Quoc. In addition, all tourists must show proof of negative real-time PCR test.
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and Kien Giang Province would name service suppliers to serve international tourists.
Vietnam has a bubble tourism plan to welcome tourists from safe markets in Northeast Asia, Europe, the United States and the Middle East. All of them must come to Phu Quoc by air.
To ensure safety during the pilot period, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism proposed vaccinating at least 70% of the residents and laborers in Phu Quoc against Covid-19 by September. The Ministry of Health should provide Covid-19 vaccines, requirements for international tourists’ vaccination certificates, details over the tourist testing process and instructions on quarantine and anti-virus measures.
Late last month, the prime minister asked the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and Kien Giang Province to come up with a plan to welcome international tourists to Phu Quoc and report the results this month. The Ministry of Health was assigned to coordinate with the relevant agencies to pilot the use of Covid-19 vaccine passports in some tourism hubs.
- Vietnam Plans To Receive 40 000 International Visitors With Vaccine Passports
- Vaccinated tourists from this country would be the first to be allowed back into Vietnam
- Vietnam’s Phu Quoc Island getting ready to welcome International tourists
- Kien Giang proposes suspending passenger flights between HCMC and Phu Quoc
- Phú Quốc hopes to welcome foreign tourists in autumn
- Vietnam’s largest island likely to welcome foreign tourists back
- Air services on HCMC-Phu Quoc route suspended
- Local tourists flock to Phu Quoc, air carriers offer more flights
- Kien Giang sees surge in tourist arrivals in July
- 30 day visa exemption for foreigner visitors to Vietnam s Phu Quoc Island