A Vietnam Airlines aircraft is seen taking off at the Noi Bai airport in Hanoi. The carrier will pilot the IATA Travel Pass on two VN301 flights, which will depart from Japan’s Narita airport to Danang on July 15 and 23 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines (VNA) has announced that it will pilot the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) Travel Pass mobile app for digital health verification on two VN301 flights, which will depart from Japan’s Narita airport to Danang on July 15 and 23.
The move is aimed at implementing the cooperation agreement signed by VNA and IATA in May this year, reported VietnamPlus.
The IATA Travel Pass is a mobile app that allows air passengers to store and manage their Covid-19 testing and vaccination certificates. The app is available on the iOS and Android stores.
Passengers who want to participate in the pilot program can register on the official website of the carrier at least three days before their departure, download the IATA Travel Pass app, create their account and insert their flight information into the app.
In addition, passengers eligible to join the program must be over 18 years of age and have a negative Covid-19 test certificate issued by testing units that have registered with IATA.
As the app is in the trial period, passengers will need to show a physical copy of their Covid-19 testing results upon the request of authorities in the destination countries.
Passengers can visit the carrier’s website at https://www.vietnamairlines.com/vn/vi/plan-book/experience/iata-travel-pass for more information on the use of the digital health app.
Digital health passports took effect in member countries of the European Union from July 1 this year, which has gradually paved the way for efforts to lift travel restrictions in the bloc.
VNA hopes that if the pilot program is successful, the Government will consider implementing this mechanism on a larger scale, thus accelerating the reopening of regular international flights to Vietnam in the upcoming period.
- Vietnam Airlines pilots digital health passport
- One more airline pilots Covid-19 vaccine passport program
- Vietnam Airlines seen piloting Covid-19 vaccine passport program next month
- Vietnam Airlines will sell 11 Airbus aircraft to increase its cash flow
- Vietnam Airlines signs up for digital health passport
- Vietnam Airlines will resume flights to Japan from September 18
- Vietnam to reopen international flights to Japan from September 18
- Vietnam Airlines resumes international flights from September 18
- Vietnam Airlines to operate flights to Japan next week