Preliminary processing of lychee at Global Food JSC in Luc Ngan district, Bac Giang province for export to Australia. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The Government of Australia is helping to strengthen trade opportunities with Vietnam through a pilot progamme, according to Australia’s Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Dan Tehan.
Under the Australia-Vietnam Enhanced Economic Engagement Grant (AVEG) pilot programme, the Australian Government is providing AUD 2.5 million, or close to US$2 million, to 28 small-scale projects to create economic opportunities and deepen business cooperation, Tehan said in a statement released on July 1.
The AVEG would open doors for Australian industries ranging from agriculture to education, digital technologies to small- and medium-sized enterprises (SME) supply chain, he said.
The funding includes AUD 99,475 to scale up the technology of organic food production, certification, and trade between the two countries; AUD 56,160 to provide 20 female entrepreneurs in Vietnam with international education and experience to build their capacity as entrepreneurs; and AUD 95,000 to help 300 Australian businesses to grow and diversify their exports and supply chains to Vietnam.
“Australia is working with Vietnam to grow our trade relationship, with an aim to become top ten trade partners and double investment,” Tehan said. “Strengthening our trade relationship will create jobs and opportunities in both countries.
“The Australian Government is committed to further strengthening our economic relationship with Vietnam and unlocking opportunities for Australian businesses,” he said.
Over the past two decades, the two-way trade relationship has grown on average by 8.6% each year.
- Singapore signs digital economy pact with Australia
- Vietnamese “Golden Lychee” arrives in Australia
- Promoting export of building materials and furniture to Australia
- Vietnam shipping 40 tons of lychees to Australia
- Australian enterprises keen on agricultural technology in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Australia advance relations with three-pillar strategic action plan
- Vietnam and Australia promote agricultural trade
- Vietnam boosting economic ties with the US, Japan and Australia
- Vietnam Trade Office protects ST24 and ST25 rice trademark in Australia