Laborers wear face masks while working at the Hoa Khanh Industrial Park in Danang to prevent Covid-19 infection. The city has attracted 11 projects into its industrial zones and hi-tech parks since early this year- PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Danang has attracted 11 projects into its industrial zones and hi-tech parks since the beginning of this year, including three foreign direct investment projects worth US$145.3 million and eight domestic-invested ones worth VND188.4 billion (US$8.2 million).
This is an encouraging achievement for the city’s investment promotion in the context of the complicated Covid-19 situation, which has severely affected domestic and international production and business, Pham Truong Son, head of the Management Board of Danang’s Industrial and Hi-Tech Parks, said on June 23.
Up to now, industrial and hi-tech parks in the city have attracted 499 projects, including 368 domestic-invested projects with a total capital of nearly VND26.7 trillion and 131 foreign-invested projects with a total investment of US$1.74 billion.
Son said the city will continue to boost promotion activities to attract more investors to industrial and hi-tech parks this year. Priority will be given to investors with a strong financial capacity and projects that use advanced technologies and are environmentally friendly.
The city is working with international business organizations such as the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency, the Japan External Trade Organization and the American Chamber of Commerce to organize investment promotion events and provide information about investment opportunities in the city to investors.
As industrial and hi-tech parks are at a high risk of Covid-19 spread, the city has tightened Covid-19 infection prevention and control measures in these areas.
Since early this year, the city has inspected some 250 businesses in industrial and hi-tech parks and fined three businesses for violating regulations on Covid-19 containment. All 60,500 laborers in industrial and hi-tech parks have undergone Covid-19 tests.
Vice chairman of Danang City Ho Ky Minh said in the last six months of the year, the city will continue keeping a close eye on the Covid-19 situation to offer timely support for businesses in the city, helping them maintain and boost production and exports.
- Investments in HCM City industrial parks surge
- FDI into industrial parks, economic zones rise over 10% in Jan-May
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- Vietnam draws US$8.5 billion into industrial parks and economic zones in 9 months
- Dong Nai Province attracts US$226 million of FDI in first days of 2021
- US$8.3 billion poured into Vietnam’s industrial parks and economic zones in 10 months
- Vinh Phuc Attracts 21 Projects in Jan - Sep
- Bình Dương IPs attracts more than $840 million of FDI in nine months
- Over US$840 million poured into industrial parks in Binh Duong Province
- Many industrial zones left idle wastefully