Vehicles travel on an expressway. Khanh Hoa Province has proposed the Ministry of Transport add the 85-kilometer Dalat-Nha Trang expressway project to Vietnam’s road system plan in the 2021-2030 period - PHOTO: ANH QUAN
HCMC - Khanh Hoa Province has proposed the Ministry of Transport add the 85-kilometer Dalat-Nha Trang expressway project to Vietnam’s road system plan in the 2021-2030 period.
The expressway project will be developed in the 2021-2025 period under the public-private partnership format, with the State capital accounting for 50% of the total cost, according to the Khanh Hoa government.
Once in place, the expressway will help shorten the travel time between the province and the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong and boost the socioeconomic and tourism growth of the two provinces.
For its target to develop Khanh Hoa Province into a centrally-governed city in 2030, the province also proposed the ministry consider and allocate State capital for the construction of the expressway project, the local media reported.
Khanh Hoa Province had earlier got approval from the ministry to add the Buon Ma Thuot-Nha Trang expressway project, with a total length of 113 kilometers and the 83-kilometer Nha Trang-Van Phong expressway project to the road system plan in the 2021-2030 period.
Meanwhile, the 49-kilometer Nha Trang-Cam Lam subproject of the North-South Expressway project is under construction and will be completed by 2024.
- Daklak proposes developing expy to Khanh Hoa
- $777 mln expressway proposed from southern province to Central Highlands
- Quang Tri seeks to build a VND7.7-trillion Expy
- Five sub-projects of North-South Expy to kick off this quarter
- PM Phuc approves new plan of Dong Dang – Tra Linh Expressway Project
- My Thuan- Can Tho expressway project to start work on January 4
- Proposed to put into planning the expressway Bo Y – Ngoc Hoi
- Ministry approves HCM City-Long Thanh expressway expansion
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project starts construction