Passengers arrive at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC. Air services between HCMC and Dong Hoi City have been temporarily suspended - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Transport has suspended flights connecting Dong Hoi City in the north central province of Quang Binh with HCMC from June 23 until further notice to prevent the spread of Covid-19 as new infections in HCMC remain high.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam is in charge of informing local air carriers and relevant agencies of the suspension.
The authority was also told to work with the Transport Health Service Administration and the authorities of Quang Binh Province to keep a close watch on the Covid-19 outbreak to promptly adjust air transport services.
Special flights transporting health workers and medical equipment between the two cities are still allowed.
The People’s Committee of Quang Binh Province on June 21 wrote to the Ministry of Transport suggesting a suspension of air services between HCMC and Dong Hoi City as the number of Covid-19 cases in HCMC continued to rise.
Since early June, some provinces and cities have proposed suspending passenger flights to and from HCMC. Before Dong Hoi City, the Ministry of Transport also suspended air services connecting HCMC with Haiphong, Quang Ninh and Gia Lai.
With 1,973 domestic Covid-19 infections reported in the fourth Covid-19 wave since April 27, HCMC is currently the second biggest Covid-19 hotspot in the country after Bac Giang. The city has taken the lead in terms of the daily new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in recent days.
- Quang Ninh, Gia Lai suspend air services to/from HCMC as Covid-19 spreads
- HCMC-Haiphong air services suspended amid Covid concern
- Powerful typhoon batters Quang Ngai, Quang Nam
- Domestic flights to HCMC reduced due to Covid-19
- Domestic flights to HCMC are limited over Covid-19 concerns
- An Giang stops bus services to/from virus-hit Dong Thap
- Dong Nai says to quarantine all people coming from HCMC
- New shipping route allows faster transport of goods between HCMC and Australia
- Suspension of flights from and to Danang extended