Workers are seen checking a car. The HCMC traffic police started to temporarily stop receiving auto and motorcycle registration files and papers from today, June 22 - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The HCMC traffic police started to temporarily stop receiving new auto and motorcycle registrations from today, June 22, to prevent the spread of Covid-19 which is still raging in the city.
The decision comes as new daily Covid-19 case numbers remain high, according to the Road-Railway Traffic Police Division under the HCMC Department of Police.
Under the decision, only registration papers and procedures signed and completed before June 21 will be handled.
The division decided to suspend receiving letters and files asking for the use of sirens and priority lights, the local media reported.
To handle administrative violations and investigate traffic accidents, the division will allow only one person per case to enter its headquarters.
The division also encouraged residents to use online public services or portal services to avoid bigger-than-allowed gatherings.
- One more hospital in HCMC suspends operations after Covid-19 case detected
- Traffic accidents, casualties decline during holiday
- Traffic accidents down 19% year-on-year in first half
- Severe traffic jams, road accidents plague major national route
- Truck driver fined US$173.2 for not giving way to police vehicle
- HCMC likely to have two more pedestrian streets
- School zone traffic safety project inaugurated in HCMC
- Does traffic regulation in Tan Son Nhat airport make traffic flow more stuck?
- HCMC to further IT application in traffic administration