A train car of HCMC’s metro line No. 1 is unloaded from a vessel to a tractor-trailer to be transported to Long Binh Depot – PHOTO: MAUR
HCMC – Two more trains with three cars each of HCMC’s first metro line project linking Ben Thanh Market in the downtown with Suoi Tien Theme Park arrived at the Khanh Hoi Port in District 4 on June 20.
According to the Management Authority for Urban Railways of HCMC, they are the fourth and fifth trains out of the 17 trains of the urban rail line to be shipped to HCMC.
After completing customs procedures at the port, the fourth train was transported to Long Binh Depot in Thu Duc City today, June 21, while the fifth will be placed on the T1 track in the depot on June 23, the local media reported.
The arrival of the two trains amid the Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the progress of the city’s first metro line project and its trial operation.
HCMC’s metro line No. 1 will have 17 trains, including three-car trains capable of carrying 930 passengers and six-carriage ones, all manufactured in Japan. The five trains which have arrived in Vietnam are all three-car trains.
Each three-car train is 61.5 meters long and capable of carrying 930 passengers at a time, while six-car trains are 121.5 meters each. They can travel at a maximum speed of 110 kilometers per hour on elevated sections and 80 kilometers per hour on underground sections.
The trial operation of the metro line was divided into three phases. In the first phase, trains will run from the depot to the Binh Thai Intersection in Thu Duc City. In the next two phases, they will run from the Binh Thai Station to the Van Thanh Station in Thu Duc City and the Ben Thanh Station in District 1 in early 2022.
- Two more metro trains set to arrive in HCMC next week
- Two trains for HCMC’s first metro line arrive at Khanh Hoi Port
- Trial operation of HCMC's metro line No. 1 set for Q3
- Two Japanese trains arrive for City Metro Line No. 1
- Two more trains for 1st metro line landed in HCMC
- Two more trains arrive for HCM City metro route
- Three Japanese-made coaches meant for HCMC’s first metro line arrived in HCMC
- Third three-carriage train put on Long Binh Depot railway
- Three coaches for HCMC’s 1st metro route arrive