Processing pineapples at a plant in An Giang (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The manufacturing and processing sector has taken the lead in attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) since the beginning of this year, pulling in US$6.1 billion, or over 43% of the total.
Of the 613 foreign-invested projects in 18 sectors licensed this year, electricity production and distribution ranked second in terms of FDI attraction with more than US$5.4 billion, or over 38% of the total, followed by real estate with over US$1 billion.
Head of the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MoPI)’s Foreign Investment Agency Do Nhat Hoang said FDI flows to key areas such as energy and manufacturing and processing are evidence of Vietnam’s stability and prestige in FDI attraction.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung recently issued a decision removing 58 administrative procedures in investment, thus helping enterprises save time and money.
The MoPI also announced 65 new administrative procedures in investment from the central to provincial levels, creating favourable conditions for investors.
- Processing-manufacturing industry takes lead in FDI attraction
- Manufacturing plays pivotal role in FDI attraction
- FDI attraction of Vietnam reaches nearly US$30 billion in 2020
- Vietnam lures USD 12 25 billion in FDI since beginning of 2021
- Here’s billion-dollar sector attracting highest FDI in Vietnam
- Danang to offer free admission at cultural attractions in 2021
- Singapore is Vietnam’s leading foreign investor in 2020
- Eight-month FDI attraction in Vietnam reached US$19.54 billion
- Foreign investment inflow into Vietnam rises 4.2 percent in January
- The inflow of foreign investment to Vietnam is on the rise