Processing pineapples at a plant in An Giang (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The manufacturing and processing sector has taken the lead in attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) since the beginning of this year, pulling in US$6.1 billion, or over 43% of the total.
Of the 613 foreign-invested projects in 18 sectors licensed this year, electricity production and distribution ranked second in terms of FDI attraction with more than US$5.4 billion, or over 38% of the total, followed by real estate with over US$1 billion.
Head of the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MoPI)’s Foreign Investment Agency Do Nhat Hoang said FDI flows to key areas such as energy and manufacturing and processing are evidence of Vietnam’s stability and prestige in FDI attraction.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung recently issued a decision removing 58 administrative procedures in investment, thus helping enterprises save time and money.
The MoPI also announced 65 new administrative procedures in investment from the central to provincial levels, creating favourable conditions for investors.
- Manufacturing plays pivotal role in FDI attraction
- FDI attraction of Vietnam reaches nearly US$30 billion in 2020
- Vietnam lures USD 12 25 billion in FDI since beginning of 2021
- Eight-month FDI attraction in Vietnam reached US$19.54 billion
- Ten-month FDI attraction of Vietnam reaches over US$23 billion
- Singapore is Vietnam’s leading foreign investor in 2020
- Danang to offer free admission at cultural attractions in 2021
- FDI commitments to Vietnam down 15% to US$15.67 billion in H1
- Vietnam attracts US$15.67 billion in FDI in six months