Chairman of the Members’ Council of PetroVietnam Hoang Quoc Vuong and representatives of PetroVietnam and PVEP leaders perform a ritual to welcome the first flow of gas from Su Tu Trang oil field in phase 2A.
NDO/VNA – The Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) on June 18 welcomed the first flow of gas from Su Tu Trang (White Lion) oil field in phase 2A.
Amid complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ceremony was held online, marking the operation of the project 16 days ahead of schedule.
Addressing at the event, PetroVietnam's General Director Le Manh Hung said Block 15-1 is the flagship in oil and gas exploitation activities in Vietnam, bringing benefits to all involved parties, and contributing about US$10.4 billion to the Vietnamese Government’s budget.
PetroVietnam highly valued efforts of Cuu Long Joint Operating Company (Cuu Long JOC) and its partners to complete the drilling of the oil-well on schedule, ensuring their commitments in the gas purchase and sale contract and field development plan, he said.
Cuu Long JOC's General Director Nguyen Van Que attributed the success of the project to concerted efforts of Cuu Long JOC and its partners, along with the maximum support from PetroVietnam, PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (PVEP) and relevant ministries.
On behalf of foreign partners, President of Perenco Vietnam Gilles d'Argouges affirmed that this is an important achievement and a symbol of the successful cooperation between Vietnamese businesses and foreign partners.
The oil and gas exploration contract of Block 15-1 was signed on September 16, 1998 between PetroVietnam and the contracting parties, including PVEP, Perenco, KNOC, SK and Geopetrol. The project is operated by Cuu Long JOC.
The White Lion field is located in Block 15-1 of the Cuu Long Basin off the southern coast of Vietnam. It is considered as one of the areas with the highest potential for oil and gas reserves in the continental shelf of Vietnam.
The plan to develop the White Lion oil field in phase 2A was approved by the Prime Minister on December 6, 2019, with a total expected consolidated capital expenditure (CapEx) investment of nearly US$138 million.
- PV Gas marks first gas flow from offshore field to Nam Con Son 2 pipeline
- PetroVietnam explores oil and gas reserves
- PetroVietnam continues to top list of most profitable enterprises in 2020
- PetroVietnam subsidiaries ink deal on projects
- PetroVietnam subsidiary to drill in Cambodia from October
- PetroVietnam posts profit of over 430 million USD despite twin crises
- SK Innovation to operate oil block 16-2 offshore Vietnam
- PetroVietnam earns 12.2 billion USD in revenue in H1
- PetroVietnam exploits 7.76 million tonnes of oil equivalent in eight months