A passenger train is parked at a station. The operations of the SE3/SE4 trains on the Hanoi-HCMC route will resume on June 17 – PHOTO: VNA.
Operations of the SE3/SE4 trains on the Hanoi-HCMC route will resume on June 17. The SE3 will depart from Hanoi station at 19:15 every day, then stop at Thanh Hoa, Dong Hoi, Hue, Danang, Dieu Tri, and Nha Trang.
On the Saigon-Hanoi route, the SE4 will leave Saigon station at 19:25 daily, stopover at the stations mentioned above, and arrive at the Hanoi station at 8:30, after over 37 hours.
Earlier, the local railway sector decided to suspend the SE3/SE4 from June 1 due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The sector will operate the SE3/SE4 and SE7/SE8 trains on the north-south rail route every day with the resumption.
A Vietnam Railway Corporation (VNR) representative said that the sector would strictly practice anti-virus measures when it offers its services, including using no more than 50% of each train’s seats, disinfecting carriages, and equipping its trains and stations with an adequate amount of disinfectants.
The VNR representative noted that passengers need to update Covid-19-related information posted on the websites of the localities’ health authorities before booking train tickets.
Further, passengers must make health declarations before getting on board and wear masks during the trip.
- Two more north-south trains suspended due to Covid-19
- More trains to be run to meet travel demand
- Train services on Hanoi-Yen Bai/Haiphong routes to be suspended due to Covid-19
- Vietnam trains resume trips to famous tourist destinations
- Additional trains to operate during summer
- Vietnam’s trains resumed trips to famous tourist destinations across the country
- Train for Hanoi’s 2nd metro route to arrive next month
- Trains back on track to popular local tourist destinations
- Only two twin trains allowed operating daily on North-South railway