Lychees being sold on a street in Bac Giang Province. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has sought six other ministries’ help in boosting farm produce consumption - PHOTO: TNO.
HCMC – The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on June 9 asked the Ministries of Industry and Trade, Health, Public Security, Transport, Foreign Affairs, and Finance to help boost the consumption of agricultural products.
The proposal was made as the harvest season of many kinds of farm produce is arriving, while many localities are having difficulties with transport and sales, news site VnExpress reported.
According to Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Le Minh Hoan, localities have different levels of awareness of the pandemic, so they have worked out different response plans, making it difficult to transport agricultural products between provinces. Vehicles transporting agricultural products are not allowed to pass through some Covid-19 checkpoints, although drivers and cargo have been certified as safe from Covid-19.
The problem with the transportation of agricultural products will push costs up and affect the quality of the products. Therefore, the relevant ministries should work out a process to remove this bottleneck, Minister Hoan said.
Specifically, he suggested the Ministry of Industry and Trade create favorable conditions for the supply and consumption of cargo between virus-hit provinces and others.
The Ministries of Transport and Public Security should allow the transport of agricultural products if drivers have Covid-19 safety certificates issued by competent healthcare agencies.
In addition, the Ministry of Health was asked to consider the issuance of safety certificates for agricultural products the requirements and vaccinate drivers transporting cargo at the earliest.
Hoan also proposed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs conducts negotiations with countries sharing a border with Vietnam on Covid-19 vaccine passports for drivers transporting cargo through border gates.
- Vaccine passports proposed for drivers transporting farm produce through border gates
- Agriculture needs more investment in processing industry
- Demand for organic farm produce on the rise in Vietnam
- Agricultural sector enjoys trade surplus of over US$6 bln in eight months
- Vietnam eyes place in world’s top 10 farm produce processing hubs
- Vietnam strives to increase organic agricultural produce exports
- Project launched to connect farmers with consumers
- Ninh Binh OCOP products introduced to Hanoi consumers
- State needs to help cut logistics cost for farm produce