GrabConnect project aims to connect agricultural products and safe local specialties of farmers with consumers nationwide.
NDO - On June 8, Grab Vietnam announced the GrabConnect project with the aim to connect agricultural products and safe local specialties of farmers with consumers nationwide.
The project is designed support the consumption of farm products and promote digital transformation, thus contributing to the overall development of Vietnam's agriculture and the implementation of the country’s National Digital Transformation Programme by 2025, with a vision to 2030.
The GrabConnect project was announced at a time when agricultural products and safe local specialties are facing many difficulties in reaching customers at a reasonable price as the complicated developments of COVID-19 pandemic have affected localities’ supply chains for agricultural products.
GrabConnect will utilise technology along with Grab’s extensive network and ecosystem to connect farmers with customers through a safe, fast and convenient delivery process, thus supporting the consumption of agricultural products in localities while helping farmers to overcome difficulties caused by the pandemic.
On the occasion, GrabConnect launched the first scheme to help consume 300 tonnes of Luc Ngan lychees in Bac Giang Province via Grab’s ecological system.
In the coming time, Grab plans to work with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, and Northern and South Central localities which are about to enter the harvest season for some major agricultural products.
- Agriculture and OCOP products fair opens in Hoa Binh
- Ninh Binh OCOP products introduced to Hanoi consumers
- Hanoi launches Vietnamese Goods Week
- Farmers begin to sell directly to consumers online
- Quang Ninh OCOP products showcased in Hanoi
- Organic Agriculture Development Project for 2020-2030 adopted
- 275 products qualified for OCOP standards
- Agriculture needs more investment in processing industry
- MM Mega Market Vietnam accompany with farmers at Hai Duong to rescue agro products