Pacific Foods exports first batch of Thanh Ha lychees to EU. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The first batch of Hai Duong province’s Thanh Ha “thieu” lychees left Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi on June 7 for the European Union (EU).
The export was conducted under the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA). The fruit is scheduled to be available in the Czech Republic in a couple of days.
Next week, a batch of Bac Giang province’s Luc Ngan “thieu” lychees is expected to be shipped to the 27-member bloc.
Vu Ba Phu, Director of the Trade Promotion Agency under the Ministry of Industry and Trade said that despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ministry has cooperated with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in implementing many synchronous solutions from the 2021 crop year to find consumption markets, especially export markets.
Currently, tens of tonnes of lychees from Hai Duong and Bac Giang provinces are available on shelves at supermarket chains in Japan and Singapore and in EU countries in the next few days.
- Vietnam exports 20 tons of first batch of fresh lychees to Janpan
- Vietnamese lychees sold in Singapore
- Vietnam to ship some 1,000 tons of lychees to Japan
- Batch of Vietnamese longan to be shipped to Australia
- Five local firms to export lychees to Japan
- Vietnamese fresh lychees for sale at 250 supermarkets, malls in Japan
- AEON executive officer highly appreciates Vietnamese “thieu” lychees
- First batch of fresh Vietnamese lychees exported to Japan
- Efforts underway to export 100 tonnes of lychees to Australia