Passenger coaches are seen parked at a coach station. The transport authorities of An Giang Province ordered the suspension of public passenger transport services to/from the Covid-19-hit Dong Thap Province starting from 5 p.m. on June 3 until further notice – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Mekong Delta province of An Giang has suspended passenger transport services to and from the Covid-19-hit Dong Thap Province starting from 5 p.m. on June 3 until further notice.
Nguyen Phu Tan, director of the An Giang Provincial Department of Transport, on June 3 signed an announcement on the suspension of all interprovincial passenger transport services between An Giang and the virus-hit provinces and cities, reported Tuoi Tre Online.
Apart from Dong Thap, vehicles operating on fixed routes, contract cars, buses and taxis are not allowed to travel to/from the virus-hit localities of Long An, Tra Vinh, Bac Lieu and HCMC until further notice.
Meanwhile, trucks carrying essential goods can operate as normal, Do Van Thom, deputy director of the Transport Department, told the paper.
Thom noted that drivers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or can show a negative Covid-19 test certificate can enter the province. Otherwise, they will have to be replaced by other drivers and disinfected upon their arrival at Covid-19 checkpoints set up at entrances to the province.
- More southern provinces suspend passenger transport to/from virus-hit HCMC
- Quang Nam, Quang Tri suspend passenger transport services to virus-hit localities
- Ha Tinh, Quang Nam suspend interprovincial passenger coaches
- Dong Thap reports first suspected Covid-19 case
- 52 more domestic Covid-19 cases reported
- Long An suspends passenger transport while Danang closely watches IPs
- Vietnam cuts all passenger transport services to and from Danang to curb virus spread
- HCMC tells interprovincial buses not to stop in Covid-hit areas
- Suspension of flights from and to Danang extended