A worker processes lychees for export. Some 26 tons of lychees in the 2021 crop are being transported to Australia, while 14 tons more are being packaged for export to the country - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - Some 26 tons of lychees in the 2021 crop are being transported to Australia, while 14 tons more are being packaged to be exported to the country, according to the Vietnam Trade Office in Australia.
In the coming days, the shipments will arrive in the country and the Vietnamese lychees will be delivered to Australia’s states and territories.
These are shipments of early-harvested lychees in this crop, so the volume of lychees imported into Australia when the product enters the harvest season will surge, said importers there.
To boost the consumption of Vietnamese lychees in the Australian market, the Vietnam Trade Office in Australia has organized various trade promotion programs and called on Vietnamese firms in the country to buy the lychees.
Many Vietnamese firms in Sydney have registered to purchase lychees once the shipment arrives in the city, the local media reported.
In the Australian state of Victoria, the Vietnamese Business Association in Australia agreed to popularize the Vietnamese lychees.
Besides, the 4wayfresh Company is preparing to distribute lychees in South Australia and Western Australia.
Nguyen Phu Hoa, head of the Vietnam Trade Office in Australia, said that due to the high quality of Vietnam’s lychees, importers, supermarkets and farm produce shops in Australia expected the Vietnamese product to become popular among customers in the Australian market.
Between January and April, Vietnam’s exports of vegetables and fruits to Australia soared by 34.33% year-on-year at US$25 million.
- 100 tons of lychees to be exported to Australia
- Vietnam to ship some 1,000 tons of lychees to Japan
- Vietnamese lychees sold in Singapore
- Efforts underway to export 100 tonnes of lychees to Australia
- Vietnam exports 20 tons of first batch of fresh lychees to Janpan
- 100 tonnes of Vietnamese lychees to be exported to Australia
- Batch of Vietnamese longan to be shipped to Australia
- Five local firms to export lychees to Japan
- PM allows over 300 Chinese traders to enter Vietnam to buy lychees