A general view of the Cat Lai Port in District 2, HCMC. The city’s budget revenue reached VND174.6 trillion in the first five months of the year - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - HCMC’s budget revenue in the first five months of 2021 is estimated at some VND174.6 trillion, meeting 49% of the year’s target and increasing 22.8% year-on-year, according to the HCMC Statistics Department.
Of the figure, domestic revenue was VND123.7 trillion, representing 49.8% of the year’s target and rising 21.1% compared with the same period last year.
The city earned VND50.9 trillion from imports and exports in the first five months, meeting 47.1% of the full-year target and increasing 27.3% year-on-year.
Revenue from crude oil reached VND5.86 trillion, meeting 68.6% of the year’s estimate and up 3.2% year-on-year.
The HCMC Statistics Department said this was a very encouraging result amid the complicated Covid-19 situation.
Domestic private companies contributed VND37.1 trillion to the city’s budget revenue from January to May, accounting for 21.3% of the total and surging 49.8% year-on-year.
Foreign-invested companies contributed VND30.6 trillion, accounting for 17.6% of the total and rising 17.4% year-on-year, while that of State-owned enterprises was VND10.2 trillion, accounting for 5.8% of the total and increasing 9.4% compared with the same period last year.
This year, the city was assigned to collect nearly VND365 trillion, or VND1.5 trillion a day on average. This includes VND248 trillion from domestic revenue, VND108 trillion from imports and exports and VND8.5 trillion from crude oil.
- State budget revenue in Jan-Apr meets 40.5% of full-year plan
- H1 State budget revenue in HCMC plummets
- State budget collection tops over VND975 trillion in nine months
- First quarter revenue rose by 13.2%
- Budget revenue flourishes post-COVID-19
- State budget collection tops over 975 trillion VND in nine months
- Vietnam fiscal deficit widens to US$457 billion in 8 months on Covid-19
- HCMC collects VND40 trillion in tax revenue in January
- Hanoi: Tax revenue hits over VND105.7 trillion in six months