Covid-19 hotspot Bac Ninh permits reopening of Canon factory as the situation is under control following recent community-transmitted cases.
Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, neighboring provinces, have been experiencing waves of Covid infections.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Bac Ninh Province authorities have allowed Canon to reopen a factory that was ordered shut earlier this month due to the coronavirus, reported the VNExpress.
Authorities have said the Japanese optical imaging firm’s factory can resume operations on May 24 on condition it abides by Covid-19 prevention regulations. The factory in Que Vo District, where Covid-19 outbreaks have been recorded, had to shut on May 9 after some of its workers tested positive.
Related: Vietnam confirms 40th coronavirus death and 24 local infections on Friday morning
Vuong Quoc Tuan, deputy chairman of the province People’s Committee, said Bac Ninh would support businesses, especially foreign-owned, as much as possible for them to keep functioning amid the Covid crisis.
Asked about complaints by businesses that vehicles transporting materials, workers and experts have difficulty passing through Covid checkpoints, he said the People’s Committee has instructed relevant authorities to allow them to pass through and to enter areas like Yen Phong and Thuan Thanh districts and the province’s Bac Ninh Town where social distancing is in place.
In the case of vehicles bringing goods, agricultural products, electrical components, and other materials from industrial parks in Bac Giang, there must be only one driver and they must have tested negative for Covid and show no symptoms, he added.
Also read: Four industrial parks in Bac Giang temporarily close for Covid-19 prevention
Bac Giang and Bac Ninh, neighboring provinces, have been experiencing waves of Covid infections. Bac Giang has reported 683 cases and Bac Ninh, 378, the highest in the country, following outbreaks at several large industrial parks with thousands of workers.
The country has had 1,786 cases in 30 cities and provinces since late last month, when the latest wave began, according to VNExpress.
- Vietnam confirms another 48 domestic Covid-19 infections
- Hai Duong shuts down Poyun’s factory to conduct Covid-19 testing
- Vietnam confirms new Covid-19 community cases in Hanoi, Bac Ninh, all linked to Hai Duong
- Bac Ninh locks down company dormitory due to Covid-19
- You may need to know: The cities with new coronavirus infections in Vietnam
- Three workers killed in factory fire in northern Vietnam
- Most of new Covid-19 infections recorded in Bac Giang
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning
- Just one new community case in Vietnam Tuesday morning