The silhouette of a man is cast on an electronic board that displays stock information. The VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange ended up 0.78% at 1,262.49 points today, May 19 – PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – Strong rallies of many bank stocks and positive performance of some bluechips helped the VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange bounce back after two consecutive losing sessions and close up 0.78% at 1,262.49 points today, May 19.
Active cash flow into securities and steel stocks also contributed to the rise of the main index. At the close, trade volume rose slightly to over 694.4 million shares worth VND21.6 trillion. There were 43.5 million shares valued at VND1.6 trillion changing hands in block deals.
In the bank stock group, VCB continued its downward spiral and BID stood at the reference price, while the remainder traded in positive territory. Lenders STB, TCB, MBB, CTG and HDB were among the strongest gainers.
Many bluechips such as tech giant FPT, consumer goods company MSN and steelmaker HPG also staged outstanding performance and soared by 2.8%-4.4%, while securities stocks SSI and HCM also gained steam.
The Hanoi Stock Exchange had positive movements as the HNX-Index added 0.61 points, or 0.21%, from the session earlier, at 295.25, supported by largecaps. Over 130.8 million shares worth VND2.9 trillion changed hands, rising 6% in volume and 16% in value against the previous session.
Lender SHB made a slight rise and reported a matching volume of 26 million shares, while securities firm SHS surged by 4.3% and saw 12.2 million shares traded.
- Bluechips help VN-Index maintain growth momentum
- Bank stocks help VN-Index maintain growth momentum
- VN-Index loses 30 points as most stocks sink
- Main index plunges as some 480 stocks end in red
- Bluechips lift VN-Index up
- Sell-off sends main index down
- Long Thanh airport expected to contribute 3-5% of Vietnam’s GDP: PM
- U.S. expects to deepen comprehensive partnership with Vietnam
- Increased liquidity helps VN-Index approach 1,200 points