Dong Hoi airport in Quang Binh Province. The Airports Corporation of Vietnam has proposed the construction of the T2 passenger terminal at the airport, with total investment of VND1.222 trillion – PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - The Airports Corporation of Vietnam (ACV) has proposed the construction of the T2 passenger terminal at Dong Hoi airport in the central province of Quang Binh, with total investment of VND1.222 trillion funded by ACV.
According to the proposal, the project will cover an area of some 20.9 hectares and will be designed to serve three million passengers per year. Of the total area, the T2 terminal will cover 1.13 hectares, while a car parking lot and auxiliary works will account for 19.78 hectares, reported VietnamPlus.
Data of the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam showed that the airport was designed to serve 500,000 passengers annually but it has faced a passenger overload over the past few years. It served some 535,000 passengers in 2018 and nearly 540,000 in 2019. In 2020, despite the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, the volume of passengers passing through the airport still reached over 487,000.
The passenger overload has affected the quality of services and security at the airport. Therefore, the development of the T2 terminal is essential to improve the service quality and meet the passenger travel demand in the upcoming period, said a representative of the national aviation authority.
- Construction of Long Thanh Airport to begin next month
- Work on Long Thanh international airport to start next month
- New domestic airport proposed for Quang Tri province
- VND200 trillion needed to develop seaports by 2030
- Works on Long Thanh International Airport construction starts this January
- Noi Bai airport may have capacity double to 63 million passengers by 2030
- Tan Son Nhat Airport’s T3 project to start work in third quarter of 2021
- 3 corporations want to invest in airports more than 8,000 billion VND in Quang Tri
- Work starts on Long Thanh international airport