Vehicles travel on an expressway in Vietnam. The government of the Central Highlands province of Daklak has proposed developing the Buon Ma Thuot-Nha Trang expressway project – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The government of the Central Highlands province of Daklak has proposed developing the Buon Ma Thuot-Nha Trang expressway project with a length of 113 kilometers, connecting the province with Khanh Hoa.
The province proposed adding the expressway to Vietnam’s road system plan in the 2021-2030 period with a vision toward 2050, a representative of the Ministry of Transport said on May 12.
The expressway is expected to cost some VND19.5 trillion, have four lanes and allow for a designed speed of 80-120 kilometers an hour.
The province proposed the Government spend some VND10 trillion from the State budget on the expressway project, while the remaining VND9.5 trillion will be sourced from the local budgets of Daklak and Khanh Hoa and firms, the local media reported.
The Buon Ma Thuot-Nha Trang expressway project is expected to connect the Central Highlands region with the central coastal region, facilitating the transport and export of farm produce in the Central Highlands region to other countries through the Van Phong international transshipment port in Khanh Hoa Province.
The Ministry of Transport is conducting research on Vietnam’s road system development plan for the 2021-2030 period, with the Quy Nhon-Pleiku expressway project proposed for the 2025-2030 period.
- Khanh Hoa seeks to develop expy linking Dalat
- Khanh Hoa proposes developing Van Phong-Nha Trang expy project
- $777 mln expressway proposed from southern province to Central Highlands
- Over VND24 trillion proposed for expressway linking HCMC, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc
- Quang Tri seeks to build a VND7.7-trillion Expy
- HCMC-Moc Bai expressway project faces cost overrun
- HCMC-Moc Bai expressway project costs an additional VND2.3 trillion
- My Thuan- Can Tho expressway project to start work on January 4
- PM Phuc approves new plan of Dong Dang – Tra Linh Expressway Project
- Expansion proposed for HCM City - Long Thanh - Dau Giay Expressway