Trains are seen at the Hanoi station. The latest resurgence of Covid-19 facing many parts of Vietnam forced the local railway sector to suspend the operations of the SE5/SE6 trains on the Hanoi-HCMC route – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The latest resurgence of Covid-19 facing many parts of Vietnam has forced the local railway sector to suspend the operations of the SE5/SE6 trains on the Hanoi-HCMC route.
The SE5 train departing from the Hanoi station had its operations suspended today, May 12, and the SE6 train starting at the Saigon station will stop offering services from May 14.
Passengers who booked tickets for these trains can return them to railway stations before the time of departure and will not be charged any fee, reported VietnamPlus.
Accordingly, from May 14, only the SE3/SE4 and SE7/SE8 trains will remain operational on the north-south railway.
Specifically, on the Hanoi-HCMC route, the SE3 train will leave the Hanoi station at 19:25 everyday, and the SE7 will depart from the station at 6:00 daily. On the HCMC-Hanoi route, the SE4 will start at the Saigon station at 19:25 and the S84 will leave the station at 6:00 everyday.
To prevent the spread of Covid-19, all passenger trains will be cleaned and disinfected after each trip. The railway sector has also deployed Covid-19 preventive measures at all railway stations, asked its employees to wear face masks while working and raised public awareness about Covid-19 safety measures.
Besides this, the sector will regularly update developments on the Covid-19 situation and adjust its schedule to offer train services based on the travel demands of passengers.
- Train services on Hanoi-Yen Bai/Haiphong routes to be suspended due to Covid-19
- Two north-south trains to resume operatins on Monday
- Certain train services from HCMC suspended due to low passenger numbers
- More trains to be run to meet travel demand
- Hanoi- Lao Cai trains suspended due to Covid-19 pandemic
- Ongoing Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station Metro Project opened for visitors
- Only two twin trains allowed operating daily on North-South railway
- Vietnam’s trains resumed trips to famous tourist destinations across the country
- Vietnam trains resume trips to famous tourist destinations
- Train for Hanoi’s 2nd metro route to arrive next month