Vietnam's agro-forestry-fisheries exports in the first four months of 2021 surge by 24.2% year-on-year.
NDO/VNA - The import-export value of agro-forestry-fisheries products in the first four months of 2021 stood at about US$32.07 billion, with exports estimated at US$17.15 billion, a 24.2% increase year-on-year, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) has reported.
With import value of US$14.93 billion, Vietnam posted a trade surplus of about US$2.2 billion, down 41.1% year-on-year, according to the ministry.
The export value of main agricultural products was estimated at US$5.9 billion, up 9% year-on-year, while the figure for key forestry products was US$5.33 billion and fisheries products US$2.39 billion, increases of 50.9% and 6.1%, respectively, year-on-year.
Upturns were seen in the export of many products, including rubber (nearly 112%), tea (nearly 8%), rice (1.2%), fruit and vegetables (9.5%), cassava and cassava products (24%), breeding products (37.4%), tra fish (nearly 3%), shrimp (5.5%), and furniture (over 71%).
Falls, meanwhile, were recorded in the export value of coffee, at 11.6%, and cashew nuts, at 7.8%.
Asian markets consumed 46.9 percent of Vietnam’s agro-forestry-fisheries products during the period, while the Americas accounted for 27.6 percent, Europe 10 percent, Oceania 1.4 percent, and Africa 1.4 percent.
The four leading markets were the US, China, Japan, and the Republic of Korea.
Vietnam also spent US$5.01 billion in the first four months on importing agro-forestry-fisheries products, with US$1.38 billion outlaid on breeding products, 679 million USD on aquatic products, US$997.4 million on major forestry products, and US$2.31 billion on input materials.
The ministry will continue to keep domestic firms informed about new sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) regulations in major export markets, while maintaining its close watch over the production, price, and supply of farm produce in localities around the country.
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports down 3.4 percent in first half
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports on the rise over four months
- Vietnamese agro-forestry-fisheries trade surplus reached US$6.2 billion
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports up 27% in Jan-Jul
- Country bags over USD33 billion from agro-forestry-fishery exports
- Agricultural trade surplus climbs above US$5 billion mark
- Agro-forestry-fishery enjoys 725 billion USD trade surplus in nine months
- Agricultural sector set to reach 2020 export target of over US$40 billion
- Agricultural, forestry and fisheries exports expected to reach USD41 billion