Tran Luu Quang, the new Secretary of the Party Committee of Haiphong City, speaks at the conference – PHOTO: HAIPHONG.GOV.VN
HCMC - Tran Luu Quang has left the post of Permanent Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee of HCMC after being appointed as Secretary of the Party Committee of Haiphong City in the 2020-2025 tenure.
Quang received the Politburo’s appointment decision from Chairwoman of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Organization Truong Thi Mai at a conference in Haiphong City this morning, May 4.
Quang will replace Le Van Thanh, who has just been elected as Deputy Prime Minister by the National Assembly. The newly appointed Secretary of Haiphong City Party Committee will be a member of the Executive Committee and the Standing Committee of the Haiphong City Party Committee in the 2020-2025 tenure.
Mai congratulated Quang for becoming Secretary of the Party Committee of Haiphong City as well as Thanh for becoming the Deputy Prime Minister.
She said Haiphong City has achieved outstanding socioeconomic growth and been effective in controlling the Covid-19 pandemic.
Quang thanked the Politburo and leaders of Haiphong City for appointing him to this new post and assigning new tasks to him.
“I promise that I will do my best, focus on my work, continue learning, and together with other officials in the Executive Committee and the Standing Committee of Haiphong City Party Committee build a solidary executive board for the development and peace of this city,” he said.
Tran Luu Quang was born on August 30, 1967, in Trang Bang District of the southern province of Tay Ninh. He was a bachelor in mechanical engineering before obtaining a master’s degree in public governance.
He has held a number of leading positions such as deputy director of the Tay Ninh Province Department of Planning and Investment, chairman of the Tay Ninh Province People’s Council in the 2015-2016 tenure, Secretary of Tay Ninh Province Party Committee in the 2015-2019 tenure and member of the Party Central Committee in the 13th tenure.
- Tran Luu Quang becomes Hai Phong City Party secretary
- Phan Van Mai picked as permanent deputy Party secretary of HCMC
- Party secretary of Thu Duc City named
- Hanoi Party Committee Secretary re-elected
- Former Haiphong police chief faces expulsion from Party
- New HCMC Party Secretary makes his first official appearance
- Politburo assigns Dinh Tien Dung as Hanoi Party Committee Secretary
- Nguyen Van Loi assigned as Secretary of Binh Duong Provincial Party Committee
- Nguyen Quoc Doan assigned as Secretary of Lang Son Provincial Party Committee
- Truong Thi Mai picked as permanent member of Party Secretariat