- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The producer of Hanoi Beer expects sales to be badly hit by the Covid-19 pandemic this year and profits to fall to a 10-year low as a result.
The Hanoi Beer Alcohol and Beverage Jsc forecasts post-tax profits of VND255 billion ($11 million), down 59 percent from 2020.
Habeco said in a report that tourism companies, hotels and restaurants continue to suffer due to Covid-19, and this would directly cause a decrease in consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Another difficulty it cited was the rising competition with many brewers introducing new products in the popular market segment in which Habeco mainly operates.
But it said it would strive to maintain its position as one of the biggest brewers in the northern and central regions.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Beer companies enjoy recovery
- Vietnam’s beer market slowly recovers
- Beer giants struggling during the pandemic
- Listed companies’ profits in free fall as coronavirus takes toll
- Drunk driving laws, coronavirus leave brewer Sabeco groggy
- Top 7 Vietnamese Popular Alcohol Brands That You Can Not Miss
- Vietnam capital city named among the world’s best cities for beer lovers
- Tra fish companies see profits flounder
- Sabeco sees revenue down, profit up in Q3