Administrative procedures in HCMC will be simplified thanks to administrative reform – PHOTO: LE ANH
HCMC – The HCMC People’s Committee will be the only administrative level of the city’s 16 districts and Thu Duc City from July 1, 2021, in line with Resolution No. 131/2020/QH14 on the organization of the HCMC urban administration.
Other provinces and cities in the country still have three administrative levels, including the provincial/municipal People’s Committee, the district-level People’s Committees and the commune-level People’s Committees.
In HCMC, the district-level People’s Committees and commune-level People’s Committees will become administrative agencies of the city in the districts and communes.
Chairpersons and vice chairpersons of the district-level People’s Committees and commune-level People’s Committees will be appointed or relieved by the chairperson of the HCMC People’s Committee instead of the People’s Councils of the same level.
Original copies and signatures of administrative documents will be certified by civil and judicial officers instead of chairpersons and vice chairpersons of the district-level People’s Committees and commune-level People’s Committees to cut down on the number of administrative procedures for citizens.
Chairman of the HCMC People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong said the city will not organize the People’s Council of 16 districts and 249 communes. However, the representative right, democracy right and information access right of the people will still be ensured and maintained at a high level.
These movements are aimed at simplifying the urban administration from the municipal to the district and commune levels, improving the efficiency of administrative agencies and shortening administrative procedures.
- Cabinet members discuss urban administration models in HCMC, Da Nang
- Vietnamese Embassy in Thailand advises citizens not to return home by road
- HCMC plans to turn five suburban districts into urban districts, cities
- Experts question plan to merge HCMC districts, create smart city
- Resolution on establishing Thu Duc City planned to be announced on December 31
- Thu Duc City asked to complete rearrangement of administrative units before mid-March
- HCMC proactively and creatively implement administrative reform programs
- Vice President works with election committees of Bac Lieu and Ca Mau
- Thu Duc City completes organizational structure of administrative agencies