A section of the Thu Thiem 2 Bridge is complete. Work on the Thu Thiem 2 bridge project will resume before April 15 - PHOTO: LDO
HCMC – After a long suspension, work on the Thu Thiem 2 bridge project, which spans the Saigon River and connects HCMC’s District 1 with the Thu Thiem Peninsula in Thu Duc City, is expected to continue before April 15, said Phan Cong Bang, deputy director of the municipal Department of Transport.
At a conference on District 1’s socioeconomic development on April 2, Bang said the competent agencies had addressed the proposals of the investor, Dai Quang Minh Real Estate Investment Company, the local media reported.
The HCMC Department of Transport, the District 1 government and the investor have agreed to resume the project. The District 1 government will quickly clear the site for the project so that the investor can complete the project by April 30 next year as committed.
The Thu Thiem 2 bridge project was designed to have six lanes and be nearly 1,500 meters long. Work on the project started in 2015.
It is some 70% complete but the investor has suspended work on the project since August 2020 due to slow site clearance.
The land lots of Ba Son JSC, the High Command of the Navy and the Government Office in District 1 have yet to be handed over.
- HCMC removes obstacles facing Thu Thiem 2 bridge project
- 4 bridges span the Saigon River connecting Thu Thiem
- HCMC to meet Thu Thiem residents this month
- HCMC to auction four land lots, 3,790 apartments in Thu Thiem
- 4 key HCMC traffic projects to be completed in 2021
- HCMC to complete 32 key transport projects in 2020
- Additional VND1.3 trillion proposed to support Thu Thiem residents
- HoREA calls on firms to bid for 3,790 resettlement apartments
- Ho Chi Minh City proposed that Lotte continue to deploy Thu Thiem Eco Smart City without auction