Workers process shrimp for export. Vietnam earned US$391 million from exports to Australia in January, skyrocketing by 62.1% year-on-year – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Vietnam earned US$391 million from exports to Australia in January, skyrocketing by 62.1% year-on-year and much higher than the previous months, according to statistics from the General Department of Vietnam Customs.
The country’s exports to Australia are rising steeply, especially during the coronavirus pandemic, which has been plaguing the global market.
The bilateral trade between Vietnam and Australia in January jumped by some 40%, year-on-year, at US$873 million.
Vietnam recorded a year-on-year surge of 106.1% in revenue from seafood exports to Australia in January, while the country’s value of shipments of agricultural products soared by some 37.2%.
The country also maintained a stable growth momentum in terms of exports of wood, woodwork, plastic items, cables, apparel and footwear.
The Vietnam Trade Office in Australia said that due to the close cooperation between Vietnam and Australia, the trade and investment ties between firms in the two countries have been strengthened significantly.
In 2020, the number of Australian enterprises looking for Vietnamese partners via the Vietnam Trade Office increased sharply. Most of them highly valued the quality of Vietnamese products.
Customers in Australia have accessed more agricultural products from Vietnam, including frozen durian, coconuts, dragon fruit, longan and mangoes. Besides, Vietnamese goods have been sold at Woolworths and Coles supermarkets in Australia, VietnamPlus news site reported.
The Vietnam Trade Office in Australia will continue to organize an online international exhibition introducing Vietnamese goods to Australian customers and some trade promotion activities in the coming months to ramp up the shipment of local products to Australia.
- Vietnamese exports to Australia grows rapidly
- Fruit and vegetable exports down over 12 percent in first seven months
- Shrimp exports rise despite Covid-19
- Son La exports first 30 tonnes of mango to the US, Canada and Australia
- September shrimp exports rise sharply despite COVID-19
- Vietnamese goods widely sold in Australia
- Local peppers enjoy boost in exports to Germany
- Shrimp exports enjoy robust growth during 2020
- Fruit, nut exports to demanding markets enjoy growth
- Vietnam exports first batch of shrimp this year