The plant is a joint venture between Sharp Energy Solutions Corp., a subsidiary of Sharp Corp., and Vietnam’s T&T Group Joint Stock Co. and its affiliate Ninh Thuan Energy Industry Joint Stock Co.
With an annual output of 76,373 megawatt hours of electricity, the plant can ensure power supply for 40,500 households.
Japanese news agency Kyodo News quoted a spokesman of the group as saying that Sharp has been pushing its solar power business in Asia, having built plants in Thailand, Indonesia and Mongolia, on the back of expected growth in consumption of electricity./.VNA
- Sharp to launch new solar power plant in central Vietnam
- 43mn USD solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Phuoc Ninh solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- USD43 million-solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Largest solar plant in Southeast Asia begins operating in Vietnam
- First solar power plant in Hau Giang put into operation
- ADB backs $186 mln solar power plant in central Vietnam
- US$46.6 million solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- An Giang has new solar power
- Southeast Asia’s largest renewable energy complex inaugurated in Ninh Thuan