Workers at a construction site of a section of the HCMC’s first metro line. The city’s working team for incident reviews found one more rubber cushion of a viaduct displaced – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – After a rubber cushion used for a girder of a viaduct of HCMC’s first metro line fell off, the city’s working team for incident reviews began to check the entire line and found one more rubber cushion of another viaduct displaced.
The viaduct with the rubber cushion that was recently found to be displaced was located at a section from Binh Thai Intersection to Thu Duc Intersection, Tuoi Tre Online reported.
The working team asked the contractor and the consultant of the under-construction metro line, which connects Ben Thanh Market in District 1 and Suoi Tien Theme Park in District 9, to give an explanation and address the incident.
Cushions are used to connect girders with pillars and act as a buffer.
On October 30 last year, during the inspection at the construction site of the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line, the Management Authority for Urban Railways of HCMC (MAUR) discovered that a rubber cushion used for a girder of a viaduct which was constructed in 2016 had fallen off.
- Small and mid-cap stocks hit ceiling prices
- Climate change annually costs 6-7% of Vietnam’s GDP
- Sumitomo asked to clarify reason for fallen rubber cushion at metro line project
- Cracks in HCMC metro line caused by underweight supporting pads: investor
- Three Japanese-made coaches meant for HCMC’s first metro line arrived in HCMC
- HCMC urges quick disbursement of Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line project
- NA agrees on solutions to help Vietnam Airlines
- Unexplained HCMC metro line cracks raise serious concerns
- HCMC to synchronize investment of bus rapid transit route with metro line 1
- HCMC’s first metro line will have fares of VND7,000-12,000