Dong Nai (VNA) – The southern province of Dong Nai secured 11 foreign direct investment (FDI) projects worth more than 226 million USD in the first half of January, the highest recorded in the same time in the past five years, according to the provincial management board of industrial parks.
Large projects included Hansol Electronics (100 million USD) in Ho Nai Industrial Park and Ojitex plant (60 million USD) in Loc An – Binh Son Industrial Park, said deputy head of the board Pham Van Cuong, adding that the investors committed to disbursing capital, building plants and purchasing machinery in Quarter 1, and putting the projects into operation by the end of 2021.
Thanks to the investors’ confidence in the Vietnamese economy as well as the sound business climate in Dong Nai, the province has attracted a huge amount of investment right at the outset of the year, Cuong affirmed.
Competent authorities always support investors in completing procedures, he said, stressing foreign firms who have already developed projects in the province will serve as a bridge to popularise local strengths to other investors.
According to Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Cao Tien Dung, since Dong Nai has seen industrial development and FDI attraction as a top priority in 2021 despite challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the province will work to enhance investment promotion, complete infrastructure system to welcome new investment waves, and step up administrative reforms.
Dong Nai province now has 32 operating industrial parks, with an occupancy rate reaching over 80 percent.
The province will open three other industrial parks on an area of some 6,500 hectares in Long Thanh and Cam My districts, build Long Thanh International Airport, and construct various expressways such as Ben Luc-Long Thanh, Dau Giay-Phan Thiet, Dau Giay- Lien Khuong, and Bien Hoa-Vung Tau./.VNA
- Dong Nai Province attracts US$226 million of FDI in first days of 2021
- Over US$840 million poured into industrial parks in Binh Duong Province
- Bình Dương IPs attracts more than $840 million of FDI in nine months
- Dong Nai anticipates new investment waves
- Vinh Phuc Attracts 21 Projects in Jan - Sep
- Ba Thien 2 IP Attracts 51 Projects in Nine Months
- Binh Duong IPs attracts over 840 million USD of FDI in nine months
- Danang attracts 11 projects to industrial parks year-to-date
- Bac Ninh attracts 119 FDI projects in January-August
- Vietnam grants investment certificates to US$1 billion FDI projects in a single day