The Saigon Times
HCMC – The Vietnam Maritime Administration has told container shipping companies to increase their empty container reserves and publicize their transport service prices.
In a document sent to container shipping firms, the administration stated that it had received complaints from export companies about the shipping firms’ increase of container transport costs and severe lack of empty containers, the local media reported.
Therefore, the administration asked shipping firms operating in Vietnam to seriously comply with the administration’s direction issued late last month on the listing of freights and surcharges of container shipping and seaport charges.
In addition, shipping firms must provide information about the listing of freights and surcharges of container shipping services to the administration.
They were also asked to increase the reserves of 40-feet empty containers in Vietnam to meet the export demand.
These firms must publicize container transport service prices and increase prices in line with the Vietnamese law and inspect and supervise their units to prevent them from abusing the market to offer unreasonable prices.
The administration also called on shipping firms to support local export companies in line with the prime minister’s Directive 11/CT-TTg on urgent missions and solutions to get rid of difficulties in production and business and ensure social welfare to combat Covid-19.
The Vietnam Maritime Administration will coordinate with the relevant agencies to directly inspect shipping companies and address those violating regulations.
- Vietnam-U.S. sea shipping rates soar to record highs
- Plastic producers complain about rising container hire charges
- South Korean enterprise launches new container shipping route to Vietnam
- Container shortage hits exports
- Increased shipping fees cause more difficulties for enterprises
- Cat Lai Port seeks to clear huge container backlog
- Vietnam set to welcome the world’s biggest container ship
- Container fleet needs to be upgraded to keep growth momentum
- Racoon spends over 30 days in shipping container from US to Vietnam