The Saigon Times
HCMC – The Vietnam Railways Corporation (VNR) will offer a 50% discount on train tickets for certain routes from January 4 to 29, 2021, to attract more passengers.
In the southern region, the pairs of trains under the promotional program include SE21/SE22, SNT1/SNT2 and SPT1/SPT2 trains, which transport passengers between HCMC and Danang, Nha Trang or Phan Thiet.
In the northern region, passengers travelling on routes between Hanoi and Vinh, Haiphong or Lao Cai will be entitled to the discount.
The discount will also be applied to SE1/SE2, SE3/SE4, SE5/SE6 and SE7/SE8 trains, which connect HCMC and Hanoi, the nation's two biggest cities.
With the discount, tickets for the HCMC-Nha Trang, HCMC-Danang and HCMC-Hanoi routes would be only VND160,000, VND250,000 and VND450,000 per person, respectively.
Passengers should buy tickets at least two days prior to the date of departure. The tickets will be on sale from 8 a.m. on December 28, 2020, until the end of January 27, 2021.
- Vietnam Railway offers 50 percent discount on tickets in the period of January 2021
- Sai Gon Railway offers 4,600 tickets with 50 percent discount
- More railway tickets available for Tet
- Danang provides hotel quarantine services to guests entering Vietnam
- More trains to be run to meet travel demand
- Hanoi railway to apply 50-percent discount on fare for kids on Tet holiday
- Summer discounts offered on railway fares
- Additional trains to operate during summer
- 2nd phase of train ticket sale for Tet holidays starts on November 25
- Rail firm resumes more North-South train