The Saigon Times
HCMC – Three local carriers under Vietnam Airlines Group—Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines and VASCO—will offer 2.4 million seats, equal to some 12,000 flights, on domestic routes to meet the huge travel demand during the upcoming Lunar New Year, or Tet.
Of this, the three airlines are set to add an additional 414,000 seats, equivalent to some 2,100 flights, between January 1 and February 26 next year.
The Group will operate more flights on the busiest air routes such as Hanoi-HCMC/Danang/Phu Quoc/Nha Trang/Dalat/Vinh, and HCMC-Danang/Thanh Hoa/Vinh/Hue/Quang Nam/Quy Nhon/Buon Ma Thuot/Nha Trang/Phu Quoc/Dalat.
The increase in the number of flights is expected to allow more passengers to fly home to celebrate the Tet holiday.
According to the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, a large number of local residents have plans to come home to enjoy the Tet holiday, as 50-90% of its seats on busy routes departing from the major cities of Hanoi and HCMC to other smaller localities such as Thanh Hoa, Vinh, Hue and Buon Ma Thuot have been full since the end of last month.
The carriers advised passengers to book tickets via their official channels such as websites or ticketing agents and to request an invoice to avoid buying fake or overpriced tickets.
Besides this, passengers should do an online check-in via official websites and mobile apps or at check-in kiosks at airports to save time.
- Vietnam Airlines plans to resume flights on four domestic routes
- Vietnam Airlines puts up for sale over 2 million tickets for Tet
- Vietnam Airlines offers over 2 million tickets for Tet
- Vietnam Airlines increases flights on domestic routes
- Airlines increase flights number on Hanoi – HCMC as travel demand increases
- Vietnam Airlines launch new domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines launches seven additional domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines opens five additional domestic air routes
- Vietnamese airlines open 2021 Tet sales