The Saigon Times
HCMC – The HCMC Department of Transport has sent a proposal to the municipal government with eight solutions to support the operation of the city’s first metro line.
Accordingly, the Management Board for Investment and Construction of Transport Projects is developing a bus rapid transit route designed to enhance connectivity for the metro line. The project is scheduled for completion in 2022.
Meanwhile, the HCMC Department of Planning and Investment is looking into a project on the rearrangement of bus routes, which run along the metro line. The Public Transport Management Center expects to complete the project in late 2021.
The city is also developing a smart card system, which will be used for the first metro line and other lines as well as public transport projects in the future. The smart payment card system is expected to be put into service in 2022.
Besides, the HCMC Department of Transport is drawing up a plan to develop parking lots and bus stops along the metro line to ensure convenience for passengers. The plan would be complete in late 2021.
The city’s government has asked departments to review and adjust the schemes and planning of projects and land usage situation along the metro line and in a radius of 500-800 meters from the metro stations.
The HCMC Management Authority for Urban Railways has been tasked with building a special scheme that encourages investors to develop services around and inside metro stations to increase revenue for the metro line.
Moreover, the city will focus on the application of technology to support the operation and management of the metro line.
Last but not least, the city will build multifunctional projects surrounding the metro stations to offer passengers more services.
The city’s first metro line, being built at a cost of VND43.7 trillion, is nearly 20 kilometers long, including 2.6 kilometers of underground sections and over 17 kilometers of elevated tracks.
The project is over 78% complete and is scheduled for operation in late 2021.
- HCMC to synchronize investment of bus rapid transit route with metro line 1
- Fare table is being built for first metro line in HCMC
- HCMC urges quick disbursement of Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line project
- HCMC soon to complete metro fare table
- HCMC’s first metro line will have fares of VND7,000-12,000
- Deadline for Cat Linh-Ha Dong metro line extended to 2021
- HCMC’s 1st metro route could have maximum fare of 51 US cents
- Three Japanese-made coaches meant for HCMC’s first metro line arrived in HCMC
- HCMC to improve access to public transport
- NA agrees on solutions to help Vietnam Airlines