NDO – The green-oriented economic sectors and theinvestment areas of high technology, digital transformation, and climate change response are attracting great attention and have become the priorities of the EU investors who tend to invest in Da Nang.
“These areas are great opportunities for cooperation between the two sides”, said Ambassador and Head of the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam Giorgio Aliberti at the Da Nang – EU Meeting held in Da Nang on November 26.
Speaking at the event, Giorgio Aliberti noted that the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement is an effective tool for Da Nang and EU partners to promote trade and investment relations.
He said that the delegation’s visit to Da Nang aims to learn about the business environment and Da Nang’sinvestment attraction policy on connecting with EU enterprises.
He noted that high-tech parks and software parks in Da Nang are following the trend of green production and boast many potentials for investment.
Chairman of Da Nang People’s Committee Huynh Duc Tho said that the city has established official relationswith 45 localities in 20 countries around the world,including 10 localities from the EU.
The relationship between Da Nang and EU localities focuses on specific cooperation projects in the areas of environment, start-up, innovation, education, smart city, and others. In addition, the European market is one of the main import and export markets of Da Nang enterprises.
The Da Nang leader affirmed that the city always welcomes and pledges to create the most favourable conditions for enterprises, particularly EU enterprises, to invest in the city.
Da Nang’s export and import turnovers with the EU have been estimated at US$225 million and US$120 million, respectively, in the first 10 months of 2020.
- Strong demand sends market up
- Da Nang woos hi-tech investment from RoK firms
- Bright prospects for Vietnam-EU cooperation
- Viet Nam willing to welcome investment from Japanese IT firms: official
- Da Nang and Dutch businesses boost hi-tech agriculture cooperation
- How much did C.T Land lose?
- Korean investors seek opportunities in Đà Nẵng IT Park
- Da Nang workshop looks toward waste-free tourism
- Japanese investor to build hi-tech R&D hub in Da Nang