According to experts, as Vietnam continues to improve its position and prestige in the international arena, the overseas Vietnamese community is also growing both in size and scale.
Total remittances to Vietnam have surpassed 71 billion USD in the 2015-2020 period at an average annual growth of 6 percent, helping improve Vietnam’s balance of payment and increase its foreign exchange reserve.
As of October, the diaspora had invested in 362 FDI projects in with a total registered capital of 1.6 billion USD. Overseas Vietnamese returning to the country have also established many large businesses, creating jobs, transferring technology and contributing to the socio-economic development of the nation./.
- Remittances to Vietnam exceeds $71 bln
- Expert proposes to best capitalize on annual inflow of remittances to Vietnam
- Overseas remittances to HCMC reach US$4.7 billion in first ten months
- Overseas remittances transferred to HCMC estimated at US$5.5 billion
- Overseas remittances estimated at US$15.6 billion in 2020
- Overseas remittances to HCM City could reach US$5.5 billion this year
- Overseas Vietnamese businesses key to national socio-economic development
- Remittances to Ho Chi Minh City to reach USD5bn
- Remittances to Ho Chi Minh City rise despite pandemic