Hanoi (VNA) – A conference themed “Meet Japan 2020” was held in Hanoi on November 25 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Japanese Embassy in Vietnam.
The event aims to help Vietnamese local authorities and businesses to directly connect and promote cooperation with Japanese partners in the fields of investment, trade, agriculture, digital transformation, smart city development, local cooperation, human resources, and education – training.
It was attended by over 1,000 delegates, including 800 representatives of businesses in Japan who registered to follow the conference via the website of the Japan Trade Promotion Organisation (JETRO).
In his opening speech, Permanent Deputy Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son highlighted the fruitful development of the Vietnam – Japan extensive strategic partnership, saying that economics, trade and investment are the bright spots in the bilateral cooperation.
Son affirmed the Vietnam – Japan cooperation in general and the cooperation between the two countries’ localities in particular still has a lot of room for stronger development.
Vietnam will continue to improve its institutions and policies in order to raise the quality and efficiency of foreign investment cooperation, he said.
For his part, Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio expressed his desire to accompany leaders of provinces and cities of Vietnam to promote friendly and cooperative relations, serving socio-economic development and attracting more and more Japanese companies to invest and do business in Vietnam.
The diplomat said he hopes the event will contribute to restoring exchange activities between localities of the two countries in the time to come.Participants focused their discussion on directions and priorities for future cooperation between the two sides, reviewed cooperation results and shared experiences as well as problems that need to be solved./. VNA
- Japan–Vietnam cooperation in tech, digital transformation set to flourish
- Hanoi conference seeks to promote Japanese investment inflows
- Over 1,000 Japanese enterprises attend investment promotion conference
- Over 1,000 Japanese companies study investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam willing to welcome investment from Japanese IT firms: Official
- Online trade exchange to promote exports of consumer goods to Japan
- Japanese investors are expanding in Vietnam
- Diplomats of Vietnam, Japan seek ways to beef up cooperation at multilateral forums
- Japan PM Suga’s Vietnam visit to deepen Extensive Strategic Partnership: Spox