Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc hosted a reception in Hanoi on November 25 for representatives from 124 enterprises which are honoured with Vietnam National Brand this year.
According to statistics, these companies’ combined revenues and export turnover hit 1.4 quadrillion VND (60.5 billion USD) and 137 trillion VND last year, respectively. They contributed over 200 trillion VND to the State budget, and created jobs for over 471,000 labourers.
Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh said that after nine months of selection, 124 companies were selected from more than 1,000 enterprises to get the Vietnam National Brand title in 2020, 27 higher than in 2019.
Speaking at the event, PM Phuc said that despite impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and natural disasters, Vietnam maintains social stability and positive economic growth this year at around 2.5-3 percent.
The achievement is contributed partly by the enterprises with the national brand, he stressed.
He asked the Ministry of Industry and Trade and businesses to find more effective measures to create the larger output, better quality and bigger contribution to the nation.
Ministries, sectors and localities were requested to work to build the brand of the nation, each sector and each locality, as well as creating favourable conditions for businesses.
The Government will issue new policies and more favourable mechanisms, and pay more attention to all types of enterprises, especially those with small and medium sizes to help them soon get the national brand title, the Government leader pledged./.VNA
- 124 enterprises honoured with Vietnam National Brand 2020
- Firms to be honoured as national brands
- 124 enterprises honored as Vietnam National Brands 2020
- Sixty-one enterprises honoured with Vietnam National Quality Awards 2020
- Da Lat tourism honoured as the national brand in 2020
- Da Lat tourism honoured as national brand in 2020
- Đà Lạt tourism honoured as the national brand in 2020
- Textile and footwear enterprises urged to capitalize on opportunities from FTAs
- Tracodi receives PM certificate of merit