The Saigon Times
HCMC - Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) and MobiFone are making final preparations for the launch of the commercial pilot of the fifth-generation (5G) network next month, with the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications allowing VNPT to launch the 5G commercial pilot in Hanoi and HCMC.
It is the exclusive telecom carrier allowed to launch the commercial pilot in the country’s two largest cities, the local media reported.
VNPT will provide the service at no charge at some sites.
A VNPT representative said the process of preparing for the 5G commercial pilot was conveniently underway and its 5G service speed is estimated to be 10 times faster than the average speed of the current 4G service.
In addition, MobiFone has confirmed it will conduct the commercial pilot of the 5G network in HCMC.
The mobile carrier has worked with leading 5G equipment suppliers in the world to pave the way for the commercial pilot.
At present, MobiFone is developing infrastructure, installing equipment as well as preparing technology and human resources to launch the 5G commercial pilot across 50 sites in HCMC.
- VNPT to pilot 5G service launch in December
- VNPT to launch 5G networks service in December
- VNPT, MobiFone to launch 5G commercial pilot next month
- Vinaphone, Mobifone set to launch 5G commercial networks in December
- HCMC has potential to attract high-quality EU investments: EU ambassador
- You can enjoy 5G mobile coverage in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city next month
- Vietnamese telecom carriers licensed to pilot 5G commercial running
- VNPT gets green light to commercially test 5G
- Great potential of 5G development in Vietnam