Seoul (VNA) – Real Beans Coffee, a coffee brand in Vietnam, are among nine winners of the 1st ASEAN-Korea Excellent Design Exhibition Award this year which honours the best packaging designs made in ASEAN countries.
The nine winning designs were selected from 46 entries submitted by 29 design agencies and freelance designers based in nine ASEAN countries, namely Brunei, Indonesia, Lao, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
The competition was co-organised by the ASEAN-Korea Centre (AKC), Korea Institute for Design Promotion (KIDP) and Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (Vietrade) and open to packaging designs in the areas of agro-fishery, food and beverage, and health and beauty from May to July. Eligible entries were those launched within the year 2019 – 2020.
The award ceremony, held in Seoul, capital of the Republic of Korea (RoK) on November 24 afternoon, saw the presence of AKC Secretary-General Lee Hyuk, KIDP Chairman Eune Ju-hyun, and ambassadors of ASEAN member states to the RoK.
Speaking at the event, Lee Hyuk said ASEAN countries show an increasing interest in developing its design industry and cooperation with the RoK is expected to help their high-quality products gain popularity in the Korean market.
The competition aims to improve the global competitiveness of made-in-ASEAN products, which is in line with the RoK’s New Southern Policy, he noted./.VNA
- Saola becomes official mascot of 2021 SEA Games and ASEAN Para Games
- LIXIL announces winners for Asia Pacific Property Awards 2020-2021
- Female designer’s fashion exhibition to open in HCM City
- LIXIL announces winners of Asia-Pacific Property Awards 2020-2021
- ASEAN council chair sees bright future for VN fashion design
- ASEAN Culture and Tourism Showcase opens in Seoul
- Announcing the recipients of the 2020 ASEAN-United States Science Prize for Women
- Hanoi seeks comment on best zero-milestone maker designs
- Lee & Man receives ASEAN typical award