Several big investors from the United States and Japan have proposed some large liquefied natural gas-fired (LNG) power plant and storage projects in the Van Phong Economic Zone of the south central province of Khanh Hoa.
A liquefied natural gas-fired storage project in the Nam Van Phong of Khanh Hoa.
According to the Khanh Hoa Provincial People’s Committee, there are four locations selected for the implementation of LNG projects in the province, including Van Phong 2 area, Ninh Thuy Industrial Park, Nam Van Phong Petrochemical Refinery Complex, and Ninh Tinh Industrial Development Zone.
At Van Phong 2 area, Sumitomo Corporation of Japan has proposed to build a 3,000-MW LNG power plant and a storage with capacity of 3 million tonnes LNG a year over an area of over 53 hectares.
At Ninh Thuy Industrial Park, Japanese J-Power Corporation proposed to build a 3,000 MW LNG power plant on an area of 41.5 hectares while another investor proposed the Ninh Thuy LNG Power Plant with capacity of 1,500MW on an area of 46 hectares.
There are four investors proposing LNG projects at Nam Van Phong Petrochemical Refinery Complex which covers a total area of 311 hectares. Among them, the Vietnam Electricity Group wanted to build a 6,000 MW plant on an area of 150 hectares; the Vietnam National Petroleum Group proposed a 50-hectare storage facility with capacity of 3 million tonnes of LNG per year; Millennium Company of the US proposed a project with a 14,400 MW- plant and storage capacity of 17 million tonnes of LNG a year; and a venture between Vietnamese firm Embark United and Quantum Group from the US want to invest in a 6,000 MW plant and storage capacity of 6 million tonnes of LNG per year.
And at Ninh Tinh Industrial Development Zone which has a total area of 600 hectares, a joint venture of Vietnamese firms have proposed to build LNG power plants and storage on an area of 100 ha.
According to the committee, the proposed LNG power projects have investment capital of over VND800 (USD34.80 million) each.
- US, Japanese investors eye large LNG projects in Khanh Hoa
- Japanese firm invests in big energy project in Khanh Hoa
- One more porjects invested in Van Phong EZ
- Van Phong Economic Zone to welcome US$3.2 billion CCGT power project
- US firm seeks to invest in US$15 billion power project in central Vietnam
- US firm seeks to invest US$15 billion in power project in central Vietnam
- Van Phong – the national center of LNG power
- Vietnam sees strong demand for cold storage facilities
- Proposal to invest in 2 gas power plants of nearly 7 billion USD in Hai Phong
- T&T Group seeks approval to build $3.5bln LNG-fired power plant