By Nhan Tam
DANANG – Over 350 passengers who travelled on a Vietnam Airlines flight from Washington Dulles International Airport (Virginia, the United States) and arrived at the Danang International Airport yesterday, November 23, were provided with hotel quarantine services by the central beach city.
Guests could stay at hotels certified by the local government and whose prices range from VND600,000 a person a day to VND2.2 million a room a day for two guests, depending on the kind of lodging. The list of hotels is publicly posted on the website of the Danang Tourism Promotion Center under the Danang Department of Tourism.
All the passengers will have to undergo the SARS-CoV-2 virus test according to regulations.
Flight VN431 carried children under 18, the elderly, the sick, travelers stranded in the United States, overseas students and others.
After landing at the airport in Danang City, the competent authorities took the necessary steps to ensure safety. Some were then brought to a quarantine place in Lien Chieu District, Danang City, while others were transported to hotels.
Previously, at a meeting of the Steering Committee for Covid-19 epidemic prevention in Danang last week, Le Trung Chinh, vice chairman of the Danang City People’s Committee, said the demand from overseas Vietnamese wanting to return home will be high, apart from foreign experts and workers who wish to travel to Vietnam, which means more international flights will come to the country, especially to Danang.
This has been identified as an increased risk that could lead to a severe Covid-19 impact, and, as such, would have to be strictly controlled.
- Danang provides hotel quarantine services to guests entering Vietnam
- Local authorities anh hotels join-hands to support tourists stranded in DaNang
- Local authorities and hotels join-hands to support tourists stranded in DaNang
- HCM City authorities explain South Korean returnee protest
- VietJet Air will conduct four more flights for stranded travellers in Danang
- Shilla Monogram Quangnam Danang welcomes first guests on opening day
- Nearly 360 Vietnamese citizens return home from Japan and the US
- 24 Chinese nationals quarantined after illegally entering Danang
- More Vietnamese citizens repatriated from the US